23 August, 2006

Like Father, Like Sons

They said that children reflect their parents.
I am not quite sure how this all happened but it seems to be true....

Recently, my eldest has taken to naming everything Jimmy.
My tendency, as a child, was to name things Jim after my friend's father who was a fireman, and that was the coolest thing ever. I have never mentioned, nor to my recollection has anyone else in my family, to the children this particular quirk of my childhood.

My youngest told me yesterday that "'when I am big I will have a job at Wegmans, a chocolate factory, Dunkin Donuts, as a racer (sic race car driver) and a hockey player. (in the NHL)
Yes, I did ask him if this would be all at the same time and he replied that he would only be able to do one job on a day. Growing up I told my mother that I was "' going to be a hockey man, football man and a baseball man'". Prompting my mother to reply "My, you will be busy."
As the story goes I replied "I will need a car."

It must be genetic. And I wonder where these things would be expressed.


**Addition ***
After I finished adding the links above, it occurred to me that I am glad the boys have not yet reached the level of Hey I wonder if there's a website for supermonkeyguncomics?
Someday that ship (sorry about the nautical reference just finished a Titanic movie-a-thon with the spouse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home