22 December, 2006

Why I stopped making resolutions. Or claim to.

FORMAT of this blog:
1) Resolution
a) reason this won't happen

NOTE Work in progress will continue until 12/31/2006 at which point I may be very, very tired and a bit drunik.

So this year, as always, I resolve to:

1) Correspond more frequently both analog and digital.
a) Life
b) See 2 below.

2) Be more organized.
a) Not now, how am I going to get organized enough to be organized. At this point it would take a fleet of monkeys in business suits to get me to the point where I could see where I should start being organized. This is not a good trait for someone who claims to be "organized" on his resume.

3) Spend more time with my wife.
a) She'd have to quit her job, hockey, and spending time with the kids. Note this is time ALONE with my wife.

4) Spend more time with my kids.
a) They'd have to drop out of school, ain't gonna happen. I'd have to go to school with them, see prior statement. I'd have to figure out how to spend time with each boy separately and still get some sleep.

5) I won't tell you.

6) I have no more I can make before Midnight....

7) I won't buy a pickup truck this year.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where there's a will, there's a way:

How to spend more time with each boy separately and not lose sleep: set up a tent in the living room and "camp out" with each boy separately on a Friday night; camp ground off limits to the other until his turn. Read hunting stories, have only "camp food," no electricity other than a flashlight or battery lantern, etc. This activity can start as little as one hour before kid's bedtime, at which time you both go to sleep!

How to spend more time alone with your wife: Hire an Eagle Scout to do same activity with both boys at the same time, same tent, with upstairs off limits, also on a Friday night.

How to get more organized: I'm still working on that.

29/12/06 12:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home