09 June, 2006

Wired News: The Great No-ID Airport Challenge

Wired News: The Great No-ID Airport Challenge

Hmm, it's already been /.'d so I think word will get out, and it's not like I think thousands or even tens of people read this blog, but there is power in the link. The more people who comment or link to the article the better the chances are that someone will stumble across it. Oh yeah and the higher it's google relative score can become.
The more people who read it, the greater the chance that someone will atttempt it.

The thing is if I were flying alone and had no family to worry about I might just do it. This is the kind of disestablishmentarian thing I would be likely to try. Very socially pro-active, anti-heavy handed regulation, and stupid.

If you think about it for half a second showing ID does nothing anywhere except show you on a piece of paper encased in plastic on one of the worst hair days you've had since the last time you had an ID photo taken. I look enough like any number of people that with a standard ID photo I could be mistaken for them. Heck I have to wear my glasses for my driver's license but I don't wear them when I am not driving.

I'm guessing that everyone who boarded a plane on 9/11/01 probably had some form of id to show. That didn't clue anyone in did it? And if you show up without ID what happens? They send you home? When you have a valid ticket? Can you see that lawsuits on that one?
Does the DHS have the power to interrupt/regulate interstate
commerce? Do you think Congress is likely to give that one up so easily?

Things that make you go, "hmmmm".

So, yes I considered emailing this one in but I noticed that the the email doesn't replicate links well and the link was important.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home