23 January, 2007

Say...What??!?!?

This evening driving home from fitting Ross for Goalie gear, eee Gods, there was some traffic back up for some unknown (sic NJ) reason.

I: "'What is with all the heavy traffic?!!?'" in expasperation.
Ross: "'Don't ask me, I don't know. It's like you asking a goldfish to build a bonfire.'"

Tonight while watching the Young Stars NHL hockey game one announcer said:
"The hockey gods have flowing robes, some of them are missing teeth, but they still have power."

The U. S. Attorney General, as you may or may not know, has said:
“There is no expressed grant of habeas in the Constitution; there’s a prohibition against taking it away,” Gonzales said.
Here is a link to slashdot and to the article from the Baltimore Chronicle.

The other night, when Karen did not come back for dinner, we had a guys night. Guys night often involved mac and cheese (frozen or made by dad), hot dogs (usually in hot dog blankets, not rolls), or some other "mama is not here let's eat good but not so good food" food. Hot dogs blankets are tortillas, get flour not corn. We also do things like, Remember our manners because mama is not her, spelling tests, math tests, talk about school, talk about xbox, talk about hockey, and eat. I spend a lot of time saying things like: "no more talking, eat your dinner", "eat your dinner", and "eat your dinner". Actually that part is like a dinner with Karen.
This evening we are trying to help Ross prepare for an upcoming spelling test:
I: Ross spell house.
R: Hoeus.
I: Ross spell howse. (you try the phonetic pronounciation)
R: hose.. no heous...
I: Ross spell mouse.
R: M O U S E
I: Spell Louse
R: L O U S E
I: Spell grouse
R: G R O U S E
I: Spell spouse (the previous 2 he had never seen or heard, to my knowledge. 1st try not bad)
R: S P O U S E ... Daddy tell me to spell sprouse... tell me to spell sprouse.
I: Ok, Ross spell sprouse. (Ok, I've never heard the word but according to Dictionary.com nevermind it's not really a word. back to the conversation.)
- Sprouse illicits some giggles from both boys and a very strange look from me.
back to the word we were working on now that the last exercise went so well.
I: Ross spell each.
R: ech
I: Ross spell peach. (Ross is notorious for his fruit lovingness, so I figured pick a fruit that's close.)
R: peeeech
I: Ross spell peach
R: pe.
Lars interrupting: It rhymes with apricot.

At this point all hope was lost and Lars fell out his chair laughing after I became so bamboozled by this statement well,
Ok, you can close your mouth now. It's not true peach does not rhyme with apricot.
At the time I couldn't think of a single thing that did either. For the past 2 weeks this has been a running joke with Lars whenever anyone tries to spell something Lars says "It rhymees with apricot."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home